[C++-sig] Embedding Python with Boost

Ron Brown, Jr. rbrown at gamry.com
Tue Apr 3 20:26:58 CEST 2007

Roman Yakovenko wrote:
> I suggest you to try other Boost version.  Recently there were some
> post, where David Abrahams said build system was broken on this platform.

Really?  I'll certainly have to look into that.

> Are you sure you are linking with the right version of Python?

Fairly sure, I only have one version of Python installed on this machine.

> I guess the problem with your "make" files.

That's the most likely thing.  I've had some progress, and am able to
get that example I posted to compile, link, and run, but that's
essentially just using the Python C API.  Now that I'm trying to
actually use Boost (the examples in this tutorial:
http://members.gamedev.net/sicrane/articles/EmbeddingPythonPart1.html),
I'm running into all kinds of problems during linking.

Here is my Jamfile:

--------------------
project-root ;

import python ;

exe embedtest # name of the executable
   : #sources
	embedtest.cpp
   : # requirements
	<library-file>c:/boost/boost_1_33_1/libs/python/build/bin-stage/boost_python.lib
   $(PYTHON_PROPERTIES)
	<define>BOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_LIB
	<define>BOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_MODULE
	<library-path>$(PYTHON_LIB_PATH)
	<find-library>$(PYTHON_EMBEDDED_LIBRARY) ;

Thanks for the reply!

-Ron