[C++-sig] boost.python class inheritance

DELIZY Florian fdelizy at unfreeze.net
Thu Apr 26 07:50:08 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am using boost.python and wxPython together and I am experiencing some
troubles getting both interacting.
wxPython (www.wxpython.org) is a SWIG wrapped GUI C++ extension for python.

My problem is I want to expose a class using boost.python class_
template to python but this class is derived from a wx C++ class, to be
more precise, say I have this code :

class MyFrame : public wxFrame
{

    public:
          void SomeOperations( ... );
};

the class wxFrame is a C++ wx class already exposed to python using SWIG
as wx.wxFrame, how do I expose the class MyFrame, informing python that
MyFrame is derived from wxFrame using boost.python ?

is there a way to do such things ?

Regards,

Florian Delizy