[C++-sig] Outstanding problem

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Thu Aug 30 15:28:26 CEST 2007

on Wed Aug 29 2007, Piotr Jaroszyński <p.jaroszynski-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> seeing David around I would like to resurrect the question about using
> std::tr1::shared_ptr as boost::shared_ptr - first asked in [1].
>
> [1] - http://mail.python.org/pipermail/c++-sig/2007-April/012243.html

Making std::tr1::shared_ptr work just like boost::shared_ptr in
Boost.Python requires changing the Boost.Python source to create
support for it.  If you search for shared_ptr in the sources, I'm sure
you'll find all the relevant spots.  If you make sure the code still
works when std::tr1::shared_ptr isn't available, I'll happily accept a
patch.

http://www.boost-consulting.com