[C++-sig] Boost.Python std::cerr segfault when built with -lGL

Gazihan Alankus gazihan at cse.wustl.edu
Sun Jun 3 21:54:49 CEST 2007

Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> Your description makes it sound as if the error should persist even if you
> take out all references to boost.python. This seems to be about
> compatibility between the different runtimes used by Mesa and libstdc++,
> i.e. in particular whether or not to compile with -pthread.

You are right, I just proved that it's Python, not Boost.Python. Attached is
a simple source extending Python without Boost.Python and that has the same
problem with cerr. I guess since all C++ users use Boost.Python to extend,
the other two people that saw this error were also using Boost.Python.

Thanks for your help.

-Gazi