[C++-sig] How about class_<...>.enable_copy() ?

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 20:39:52 CEST 2007

> Oh, and BTW, there is a related thing that bugs me: When I copy.copy() a BPL
> exported type with pickling support and __getstate_manages_dict__ set, I get
> two objects with *the same* __dict__:

Sorry, I didn't foresee this situation. But copying the dict would only push the problem one level down. A deepcopy of the dict could be expensive.
Given that you can easily wrap the copy constructor, do you think this needs further attention?
If you send me documentation patches I'll review them and check them in.
Ralf