[C++-sig] Calling a Python function with parameters

Simon Pickles sipickles at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 8 20:59:26 CEST 2007

Hello,

I've now managed to load a python module using boost::python::exec_file()

I can extract variables and run functions from C++ too.

But I am stumped on how to pass parameters from C++ to a python function.
Not much use without that!

I'm using boost::python::extract<std::string>(global["pyFunc"]) to run the
function, where the python module may be:

##------------------------
def func1():
    return "hello from python"

pyFunc = func1()
##-----------------------------------

The docs don't seem to elaborate on how to add parameters. There is plenty
on calling C++ functions from python......

What I want to do is something like this:

// C++
answer = extract<std::string>(global["pyFunc(""hi"", ""there"" )"]

## python
def pyFunc( str1, str2 ):
    return str1+str2

Thanks for putting up with a newbie!