[C++-sig] CMake and getting starting with boost.python

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Fri Jun 29 12:13:58 CEST 2007

For those who prefer Makefiles, I found the following Makefile also worked
to build the greet example.  It is based on some Makefiles posted to this
list.  I don't know how robust it is.  Worked under Linux Ubuntu 6.10.

CC = g++

CFLAGS = -Wall -W -fPIC -I/usr/include/boost \
	-I/usr/include/python2.5 -DBOOST_PYTHON_DYNAMIC_LIB \
	-O2

LDFLAGS = -L/usr/local/lib -lboost_python -L/usr/lib/python2.5 \
	-Wl,-rpath-link,.  -fPIC

CXXFLAGS = $(CFLAGS)

SLIB = hello.so

all: $(SLIB)

%.so : %.o
	/usr/bin/objcopy --set-section-flags .debug_str=contents,debug $^
	$(CC) $(LDFLAGS) $^ -shared -o $@

clean :
	rm -f $(WORLD) $(OBJS)