[C++-sig] Doing dlopen() from within a Python extension

Pertti Kellomäki pk at cs.tut.fi
Thu May 10 22:27:35 CEST 2007

I am wrapping a library using Boost.Python, and the
library does a "dlopen(path,RTLD_LOCAL | RTLD_NOW)"
to load some plugin code. The dlopen() fails and
returns NULL.

There seems to have been a lot of discussion around
the issue, but I am yet to find a definite answer of
how to make the dlopen() work. Any pointers?

My system is Ubuntu 6.10, and I am building the Python
extension using distutils. Python version is 2.4.
--
Pertti