[C++-sig] Exposing Class to Python

Ajay Murthy ajay.murthy at philips.com
Tue May 29 11:32:00 CEST 2007

Hi,
I have been trying extending python with C++.
Now I am aware of exposing a list of methods to the python side using the
method table(PyMethodDef) and initialising the module with this method
table ( Py_InitModule)
Even though this serves the purpose. the methods now belong to the module
and not to the class.

I would like to call the methods on the object to which it belongs and not
by using the module.

So, what do i do to expose the class also to the python side?  And how do
i bring in the relationship b/w the Class and its methods.

thanks in advance,
Ajay