[C++-sig] Am I crazy or is it my computer?

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 00:02:16 CET 2007

On Oct 31, 2007 1:11 PM, Matthew Scouten <matthew.scouten at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I just found this:
> http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/v2/faq.html#threadsupport
>
> I seems to be saying that I can not do what I want with out patching
> Boost::Python (or does this only apply to multiple interpretors? )
> Is this still true (please tell me it's been fixed)?
> if so, where can I get this patch and how do I apply it?

I think this is simply saying that you need to treat the Python interpreter
as a protected resource/critical section. As I understand your problem, you
have only one C++ thread using the interpreter so the fact that BP isn't
thread-aware shouldn't matter to you. My thought on reading your original
post was it's possible that your "minor worker threads" are interacting with
variables used by your Python-using thead, and thus that your assumption #1
doesn't hold. However, presumably you've already checked out this
possibility or you wouldn't be triple-checking your assumptions.

-Max