[C++-sig] To Spicy For Py++ [was: A wrapped class contains another wrapped class. Hilarity ensues.]

Scott VanSickle Scott.VanSickle at CanfieldSci.com
Fri Nov 30 15:49:00 CET 2007

Jason,

Yes, I installed SP1 a while back.  It definitely helped with a few annoying VC2005 problems.  There is a different SP that you have to install for Vista, in case you're developing with VS2005 on any Vista machines.  We have do test on Vista, so we have all set up secondary dev machines that run Vista so we can debug on that OS.  It's telling that the SP for VS2005 that would allow it to run on Vista came out a while after Vista; that probably means to me that Microsoft never did any debugging of any of their Vista "non-OS" code on Vista!

Where exactly did you get the new headers?  Are you saying that you have headers with which you can generate Python wrapper classes now?  I got nowhere with the headers that I currently have from GCC_XML or VS2005.  I would be very interested in being able to use Py++ to generate my headers; I am currently doing it all by hand.

Scott V

-----Original Message-----
From: c++-sig-bounces at python.org [mailto:c++-sig-bounces at python.org] On Behalf Of Jason Kankiewicz
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 12:39 PM
To: c++-sig at python.org
Subject: Re: [C++-sig] To Spicy For Py++ [was: A wrapped class contains another wrapped class. Hilarity ensues.]

Scott,
  I, too, had difficulty getting GCC_XML to grok MSVC8 code early this
year. Fortunately, the CVS version soon contained new headers and my
problems disappeared. The problems existed because I had installed
Service Pack 1 for VS2005 and GCC_XML's VC8 headers hadn't yet been
modified to match.

  Have you installed Service Pack 1 for VS2005? If not, I suggest that
you do.

Regards,
Jason