[C++-sig] Header error in boost/python/object/make_holder?

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 18:05:28 CEST 2007

On 10/16/07, Thomas Hauk <thauk at novuscom.net> wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2007, at 3:31 AM, Roman Yakovenko wrote:
> > Next code was generated by Py++, may be it is not optimal but it
> > does the work. __array_1.pypp.hpp file is attached
>
> Thanks for the code, Roman.
>
> I must say how surprised I am at the amount of code it takes to wrap
> a struct containing only an array of chars! Is this a limitation of
> the way C++ and Python get bound,

I warned you about code size. First of all this is how Py++ generates the
code in this case. Second if you will use indexing suite V2, than the amount
of code will drop.

or is this because of some
> inefficiency in Boost.Python?

I didn't tested the code for efficiency, but it doesn't copy the array, just
provides access to the items. So I don't expect problems with it.

If the latter, I would hope that this
> becomes a new base case for improving the package.
>
> Would it be easier to wrap this using another technology, like SWIG?

Don't know never used it.

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding