[C++-sig] Boost.python example: accessing C++ containers from Python using indexing suite

Craig Finch cfinch at ieee.org
Thu Sep 13 18:46:15 CEST 2007

I recently figured out how to make C++ indexable containers available
to Python programs using Boost.python.  The Boost.python docs do cover
this topic, but not in enough detail to make it clear to a beginner.
To summarize what I learned and hopefully save some time for other
programmers, I have created a simple example and made it available
through my software development blog:
http://www.shocksolution.com/blog/2007/09/13/direct-access-to-c-containers-from-python/

You will also find a number of other Boost.python tutorial examples in
know how it can be improved.

   Craig Finch

Please reply to cfinch at ieee.org