[C++-sig] Opening up a main window asynchronously

Hans Meine meine at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Sep 20 13:26:39 CEST 2007

Hi!

Am Donnerstag, 20. September 2007 11:49:12 schrieb Gazihan Alankus:
> I know that 4 would work for sure and 3 will probably work, but I really
> would love a solution like 1, or maybe 2. Any eperienced C++/Python hybrid
> developers that can lead me in the right direction?

You gave a good overview of the possibilities.  AFAIK, all are possible, but
require different levels of care. ;-)

You might want to have a look at IPython, which does 2).

You have to be careful though since e.g. Qt only allows Qt functions to be
called from the mainloop thread.  (In version 3, that is.)  And no, IPython
is not 100% careful enough yet. :-(

--
Ciao, /  /
     /--/