[C++-sig] Debug C++ dlls from python

Meherzad meherzadaga at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 04:53:56 CEST 2008

Hi,

        I am new to python and am using easy eclipse for python.  I want to know is there any way of debuging C++ dlls which are called by python asuming the dlls are compiled in debug mode and i have the source code of the dlls.  i want to be able to single step in the dll code while debuging and also be able to set breakpoints.
suppose that the dll i want to use is my_dll.dll and the function i want to call is myFunc
in python i do
myDll = ctypes.cdll.my_dll
now i can call the functions of myDll by using
myDll.myFunc( )
i want to be able to debug and single step through the myFunc code when the python calls this function.
Thankyou.
Regards,
Meherzad