[C++-sig] Merging indexing_v2 to mainline

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 07:17:49 CET 2008

On Feb 10, 2008 6:42 PM, Raoul Gough <RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> A few years ago I worked on a new implementation of container indexing
> support in Boost.Python, which never made it onto the Boost mainline. I
> seem to remember that Dave had some reservations about the amount of
> detailed documentation on the way the implementation worked, but haven't
> dredged up any old emails on this point.
>
> Since then, I haven't had much time to look at this, so the code has
> always remained on the indexing_v2 branch. Nevertheless, I understand
> that some people are using this code successfully, including pygccxml*,
> so I was wondering if it would now be appropriate to merge this code
> onto the mainline.

Good morning.

I would like to take this chance and to say thank you - indexing suite
v2 is very cool piece of software. I was even able to fix and add new
features to it.

Thank you!

By the way, PyOgre, one of the largest user of py++, is using the new
indexing suite for year and we didn't find any problem with it.

> I didn't keep up with the CVS to SVN conversion, so I'm not sure how
> hard this would be to get done. Any opinions or advice on getting this
> started?

Your suite is already in SVN:
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox-tags/indexing_20030918
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox-tags/indexing_v2

Py++ object has "indexing suite v2" source code in its source tree
too. Basically it contains few bug fixes and new features.

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding