[C++-sig] Merging indexing_v2 to mainline

Raoul Gough RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 12 23:57:20 CET 2008

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:
> Hi Raoul,
> Nice to hear from you!
> Is indexing_v2 fully backward compatible with the current indexing suite?
> If not, is it technically feasible to change indexing_v2 so that
> it can co-exist with the current indexing suite?
> After so many years, I fear too many things will break if indexing_v2
> isn't fully backward compatible. But it would be very nice if it were
> generally available.
> Ralf

Hi Ralf, thanks for your reply! I think having the two suites co-exist
would be the easiest for now. IIRC, there was some discussion back then
on replacing the original suite, but you're probably right that it's too
late to consider that now.

It might also be possible (in theory anyway) to reimplement the original
suite on top of the new one, since it was supposed to provide a
super-set of functionality. Definitely one thing at a time though! I
wonder if Joel de Guzman is still reading this list?

--
Cheers,
Raoul.