[C++-sig] Merging indexing_v2 to mainline

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 21:46:35 CET 2008

On Feb 16, 2008 7:18 PM, Raoul Gough <RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Roman,
>
> Thanks for your comments, and for using the code in the first place!

You are kidding, right? Without it the life was much harder :-)

> I heard that there were some emails on this list recently about
> indexing_v2, which is what got me interested again.

indexing_v2 suite could be a very valuable addition to the library.

> This sounds interesting - I've downloaded Py++-0.9.5.zip from
> https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=118209 and can
> see the indexing suite code in there alright. Does this work with the
> latest versions of Boost

Yes. I am using 1.33 & 1.34 and it is fine.

> or do you need to use the version (1_31_0)
> that indexing_v2 was originally developed with?

No, you don't need. Today library works pretty well with VC 2005 and
gcc 4.0 and 4.1.
It works on Windows, Linux and MAC. Gustavo Carneiro also made it work
on 64 bit system,
with Python 2.5

P.S. May be you can submit the new suite for review. In this case I
can help with writing tests.
I am sure, I will need some guideline from you.

P.S 2. Can you upload somewhere the images from the documentation. The
images in the label could not be opened
for some reason.

Thanks

--