[C++-sig] Merging indexing_v2 to mainline

Raoul Gough RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 18 23:13:08 CET 2008

Roman Yakovenko wrote:
> On Feb 16, 2008 7:18 PM, Raoul Gough <RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
[snip]
>>  Does this work with the latest versions of Boost
>>

> Yes. I am using 1.33 & 1.34 and it is fine.

Hey, that's good news. I was a bit worried that some incompatible
changes might have broken the code in the mean time (since it was never
integrated into the official build).
>> or do you need to use the version (1_31_0)
>> that indexing_v2 was originally developed with?
>>

> No, you don't need. Today library works pretty well with VC 2005 and
> gcc 4.0 and 4.1.
> It works on Windows, Linux and MAC. Gustavo Carneiro also made it work
> on 64 bit system,
> with Python 2.5
>
> P.S. May be you can submit the new suite for review. In this case I
> can help with writing tests.
> I am sure, I will need some guideline from you.

Sounds good to me! I'm only going to get a small amount of time to work
on this in the next month or so, and I've got to get my local build
working on my new system. After that I should be able to spend a bit
more time on this and get something ready for review. Any help along the
way would be appreciated!
> P.S 2. Can you upload somewhere the images from the documentation. The
> images in the label could not be opened
> for some reason.

The diagrams are in SVN as .PNG files, so you should be able to see them
if you do the right svn operations on a working copy of the repository,
but I guess they're not going to work via the SVN web interface. Anyway,
for convenience I've uploaded the docco onto my website for now
(unchanged from back in 2004):

http://home.clara.net/raoulgough/boost/containers.html

I've also found the original Visio sources for the diagrams in an
archive of mine, but don't have a working copy of Visio any more (I've
migrated to Mac). I'll see what I can do about turning these into .svg
files or some other open standard. Any suggested formats?

--
Cheers,
Raoul.