[C++-sig] Pyplusplus: operators <</>> not supported?

Hans Meine meine at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Jun 3 19:20:04 CEST 2008

Hi Roman,

I have defined a class with shift operators: <<,>>,<<=,>>=
Only the latter two in-place assignment-shift operators are recognized by
py++.  I have looked in the test suite and found
pyplusplus_dev/unittests/data/operators_to_be_exported.hpp with the
comment "Boost.Python does not support member operator<<", which indicates
that you left them out for a purpose.

However, it seems to work fine with boost 1.34.1 when I manually add the (self
<< int) def's, so maybe this is an old bug of boost::python which has been
fixed since 2004?

--
Ciao, /  /
     /--/