[C++-sig] Py++: automatic type aliases

Hans Meine meine at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Jun 4 15:55:41 CEST 2008

Hi Roman,

I looked at the py++ source code in order to fix the fact that my classes
often get the wrong alias.  For instance,

template<class T>
class Vector2
{};

typedef Vector2<short> ShortVector2;

class SomeOther
{
typedef Vector2<short> Vector; // class-internal typedef!
};

Since "Vector" is shorter than "ShortVector2", it wins in the "be_smart" mode.
Also, I am getting W1047 (There are two or more classes that use same
alias("Base"). ...) because I often typedef complex base classes to "Base" in
order to refer to Base::foo.  Can py++ be made more "intelligent" by
discarding scoped typedefs if there are global ones?  (I did not find where
self.aliases is filled and how to fix this.)

I will send a separate post for proper class nesting..

--
Ciao, /  /
     /--/