[C++-sig] boost.python not working in Visual Studio 2005?

Grant grant.tang at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 01:12:53 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am using Python 2.5.2 installed from msi file downloaded from pyhton.org.
I have a project which compiles and works in Visual Studio 2003 C++ on
WinXP. Now I switch to Visual Studio 2005 C++ compiler. I compiled my
boost.python 1.34.1 with VS2005, then compiled my project with this
boost.python library. The compilation goes OK, but I can not import any
library into python. The Python interpreter just complian no such library
file exist. I check the path should be fine. I even change to the library
path to import it, but still no luck. Then I tried boost.python 1.35,
compiled it with VS2005. But it's the same result.

I checked my dll library and the python library, I notice the python2.5
library is compiled with VS2003, since it linked to VS2003 runtime. Could
that be the problem? Should I compile Python 2.5.2 from source with VS2005?

Thanks for your help,
Grant