[C++-sig] Set optimization level for build_ext ??

Michael Wieher michael.wieher at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 19:43:37 CEST 2008

> This is neither a Python question nor a C++ question.  I'm not telling
> you to get lost, but you might get better results in a GCC forum.

No... maybe you're not familiar with the tool I'm trying to use.  But
you're WAY off.
This belongs here.  I think?  This is the SIG for Python/C++ integration?
so, for questions relating to things described on this (and related) page(s)

http://www.python.org/doc/ext/intro.html

I should ask here?  even if it is NOT boost-related, it is DIRECTLY
related to integrating C++ into Python.  I'm sorry that I'm not using
your software...
Or, where?  Obviously you didn't really read too closely, since what
I'm actually talking about a binary created by the distutils module (a
python module) that is directly importable into C++.
that has NOTHING to do with GCC.  At all, ever.  My issue is the level
of control distutils gives me when creating these library.so files.

distutils allows one to create my-custom-library.so from C++ files
that are importable into Python.

I know I can do all this with boost, but at the moment  I'm not trying
to, I'm trying to use the built-in functionality that python provides
via its (3rd time I say this) distutils module to create the
library.so from C++ to be imported into python.
If this list is for boost-only questions, then can anyone please point
me to a place I can ask questions about Python's distutils, C++
integration.