[C++-sig] boost python - python uuid mismatch

Michael Wieher michael.wieher at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 15:19:41 CET 2008

(this might be incorrect, please correct me if I'm wrong, but my
understanding is...)
Basically the compiled library, boost.python, in this instance, must be
compiled by the same/similar-enough compiler.  That is, you need to use the
same compiler to compile the python installation you're using and the
library you're importing.  My experience has been that this is not an
absolute requirement, (two similar-enough compilers work) but if they're
different enough, there will be a problem.  The version of boost itself is,
I believe, irrelevant.