[C++-sig] ActiveState Python 2.5.1.1, Boost 1.34.1 and MSVC 8 SP1 problem

English, Mark Mark.English at rbccm.com
Fri Mar 28 11:39:52 CET 2008

On Behalf Of Stefan.Borovac at t-online.de
> Sent: 28 March 2008 09:34
> To: c++-sig at python.org
> Subject: [C++-sig] ActiveState Python 2.5.1.1,Boost 1.34.1 and MSVC 8
SP1 problem
> Everything worked fine using ActiveState Python 2.3.2-232 and
ActiveState Python 2.4.3.12.
> But after switching to ActiveState Python 2.5.1.1, I can not import
the DLL anymore (without
> any detailed error message). It simply doesn't work.

Have you tried examining the DLL with DependencyWalker ?
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Also sometimes details about failed DLL imports can appear in the
EventLog.

Were you building previously against Python 2.3 and 2.4 using MSVC 8 ?
If not you may now be encountering a a c-runtime conflict although
that's just a guess. If that is the problem, try building a Python 2.5
from source with VC 8. This will make your build non-standard though, so
then you face issues distributing your DLL.

Good luck,
Mark

This email is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed and may be privileged and confidential.

Unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you receive this
e-mail in error, please advise immediately and delete the original
message without copying, using, or telling anyone about its contents.

This message may have been altered without your or our knowledge and
the sender does not accept any liability for any errors or omissions
in the message.

This message does not create or change any contract.  Royal Bank of
Canada and its subsidiaries accept no responsibility for damage caused
by any viruses contained in this email or its attachments.  Emails may
be monitored.

RBC Capital Markets is a business name used by branches and
subsidiaries of Royal Bank of Canada, including Royal Bank of Canada,
London branch and Royal Bank of Canada Europe Limited. In accordance
with English law requirements, details regarding Royal Bank of Canada
Europe Limited are set out below:

ROYAL BANK OF CANADA EUROPE LIMITED
Registered in England and Wales 995939
Registered Address: 71 Queen Victoria Street, London, EC4V 4DE.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Service Authority.
Member of the London Stock Exchange