[C++-sig] ActiveState Python 2.5.1.1, Boost 1.34.1 and MSVC 8 SP1 problem

Nat Goodspeed nat at lindenlab.com
Fri Mar 28 16:03:52 CET 2008

Stefan.Borovac at t-online.de wrote:

> I'am currently working on small project which involves
> a python programm which calls a C++ DLL using Boost Python.
>
> Everything worked fine using ActiveState Python 2.3.2-232 and ActiveState Python
> 2.4.3.12.
> But after switching to ActiveState Python 2.5.1.1, I can not import the DLL
> anymore (without
> any detailed error message). It simply doesn't work.

Try renaming your .dll to .pyd? See this section in the "What's New in
Python 2.5" documentation:
http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/ports.html#SECTION0001510000000000000000

"Windows: .dll is no longer supported as a filename extension for
extension modules. .pyd is now the only filename extension that will be
searched for."