[C++-sig] looking up functions

Alan Baljeu alanbaljeu at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 15:40:31 CET 2008

I'm reading the Python extension tutorial, and I cannot believe the embedding section.  It tells me the only way to call a python function is to callout to python to pass back a function object which I then save so I can call it when I need to.  This seems ridiculous.  Surely there is a way to obtain Python function objects without going through that!  Does somebody have a way to ask for a function by name?

Also, perhaps somebody can explain if there is something about Python that makes this difficult, why such is not the default way of doing interop.

 Alan Baljeu

Reclaim your name @ymail.com or @rocketmail.com. Get your new email address now! Go to http://ca.promos.yahoo.com/jacko/