[C++-sig] [pybindgen] custom selections with pybindgen and pygccxml

Adrien Saladin adrien.saladin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 16:28:42 CEST 2008

Hi,

I would like to give pybindgen a try on a C++ library. I'm currently
using Py++ (which is great) to automatically generate the correct
interface.
Before seriously playing with pybindgen, I need to know if it is
possible to do a fine selection of which classes and methods has to be
exposed to python.
For some reasons I need to expose to python only a part of a C++
library, but for this part I would like to do it in an automated
fashion (ie: use pygccxml)

Is it possible to do a kind of "exclude all classes and methods"
command to the ModuleParser object (or another pybindgen/pygccxml
object) and then only include a few classes one by one together with
pygccxml ?  Is it possible to remove a single method from a class by
name or argument types ?
Are pre_scan_hook or post_scan_hook suitable for this ?

Another question: on the features page
(http://code.google.com/p/pybindgen/wiki/Features) it is said that
multiple inheritance is not yet supported. What does this exactly mean
? It is not possible to expose a class C which publicly inherits from
A and B ?

Thanks,
Adrien