[C++-sig] [c++-sig] python std::string assignment

Furkan Kuru furkankuru at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 16:49:58 CEST 2008

Apart from assinging a string
passing a "longer" string to a function does not work either.

void createNavi(std::string naviname,std::string url,RelativePosition
pos,int sizeX,int sizeY);

        .def("createNavi", &NaviManagerWrapper::createNavi) ;

in python fail line:

I think the second parameter "local://activation.html" can not be converted
to std::string.

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Furkan Kuru <furkankuru at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, that seems very likely; this looks a bit like the small string
>> optimization gone awry.  Perhaps you have mixed the MS runtime lib
>> headers with a different version of the binary library.
> Is there any way to remove this string optimization. Or How can I trace and
> find these mixed headers to fix the problem?
> --
> Furkan Kuru

Furkan Kuru