[C++-sig] How to create embedded packages?

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 19:59:57 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am currently embedding the python interpreter. I'm doing this because
I want my application to be able to execute python scripts. I'm also
using Boost.Python to create modules to extend the functionality of
python scripts executed through my application.

Note that no PYD files are generated when I compile this Boost.Python
code. Remember that I am embedding any modules I create. I have a
package system that I want to be able to create. It follows the
following example hierarchy:

my_package/
   module1/
   module2/
   module3/

However, the Boost.Python documentation only explains one specific way
of doing this, and that involves actually having PYD files for module1,
module2, and module3. Since this is all done from C++, I need to be able
to create this package without depending on the filesystem. Is this
possible?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.