[C++-sig] instantiate python classes in c++

Gennadiy Rozental rogeeff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 16:40:57 CEST 2009

Gregor Burger <Gregor.Burger <at> uibk.ac.at> writes:

> is it possible to use boost.python to define classes
> in a script (like in the one below), register the defined
> classes and later on create instances of the class?

Yes

> Is it possible to provide the same globals and locals to call_method
> so that Flow and other classes are defined?

No. You can't "update" global dictionary at the call point.

This is the issue I am very much familiar with. You can find 2 posts from me
with pretty much the same content.

The only viable solution I found is to *compile* the script first before
executing it. If I do this global dictionary is bound to the class methods and
you code will work fine.

Gennadiy