[C++-sig] Python exception traceback infomation in C++

John Reid j.reid at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Sat Apr 4 11:21:28 CEST 2009

I call my C++ extension from python and the C++ code in turn calls back
into python code. When the python callbacks raise exceptions I can't
easily find out the tracebacks, they stop short at the C++ interface. I
might put decorators on all my python callbacks to log the tracebacks.
Is there any better way to do this failing an extension of boost.python
to propagate this information through the C++ layer?

Did anything ever happen with the discussion in this thread?
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.c++/12693/focus=12701

Regards,
John.