[C++-sig] [Py++] Don't transform char* to c_char_p

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 22:12:39 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 9:21 PM, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus at rath.org> wrote:
> Hi Roman,

Good evening.

> I know you are busy, so I have already monkeypatched pyplusplus locally
> for my purposes. But maybe you are interested to add this feature add
> some point in the future:
>
> It would be great if there was a way to tell Py++ that it should not
> represent the C char * type to the ctypes c_char_p, because the later is
> supposed to be used only for \0 terminated strings. A general char*
> should be translated to POINTER(c_char).

Yes I do. I saw your post and the issue(
http://bugs.python.org/issue7569 ). I think it is a good think.

I have only one problem: in Py++( pygccxml) types are "singletones".
What is the best interface for the user to customize such thing?
Should Py++ generate POINTER(c_char) in all cases by default?

I would like to know your opinion.

Thank you.

--
Roman Yakovenko