[C++-sig] Passing pointer to c++ functions.

yamini sardana sardana.yamini at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 17:08:49 CET 2009

Hi,

How do we pass a pointer to a c++ function from python.

I have to call the below mentioned function from python

long afSigGenDll_Manual_LevelMax_Get(afSigGenInstance_t sigGenId, double*
pLevelMax);

When i am calling the function with the second argument as
pLevelMax = pointer(c_double())

its giving me an error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
TypeError: in method 'afSigGenDll_Manual_LevelMax_Get', argument 2 of type
'double *'

Please le me know what is the correct way to pass pointers as arguments to
c++ functions.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Yamini