[C++-sig] Call Policy for Singleton

ZaeX zaexage at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 04:35:19 CET 2009

I think reference_existing_object will work.
 And in my opinion, you'd better be careful if you expect that the c++ code
and python code are using the same singleton instance.
Because there're two Singleton::_instance if you export the Singleton class
to Python. one at c++ side, the other at python side.

2009/2/13 Balasubramanyam, Shivakumar <sbalasub at qualcomm.com>

>  HI,
>
> The am not sure if which call policy I should be using for this particular
> use case,
>

> class Singleton
> {
> public:
>     Singleton* create()
>     {
>         if(!_instance)
>         {
>             _instance = new Singleton();
>         }
>         return _instance;
>     }
>     static Singleton* _instance;
> }
>
> // Initialization
> Singleton* _instance=NULL;
>
> Is return_value_policy<reference_existing_object> the right call policy to
> use?
>

> Thanks,
> Shiva

Time is mana, we must hurry