[C++-sig] 2 Python C++ projects - Financial Industry

David Russell david.russell at fdmgroup.com
Tue Feb 17 14:04:11 CET 2009

Dear Python Group,

I have attached two very interesting long term Python projects in the
Frankfurt area, Financial industry.

I am working exclusively on both requirements, interviews and contracts
can be arranged very quickly.

If they look interesting to you please feel free to contact me on the
contact details below.

Thank you for your help,

Best Regards

David

Large Financial Institution - Frankfurt

Senior Python C/C++ Developer  (f/m)

Tasks/Responsibilities

Software developer for a complex electronic trading system.

The software developer will work in the implementation team of the
trading

system; tasks include:

        - Requirements Analysis

        - Development of a Scripting framework based on Python

        - Specification

        - Implementation

Target platform will be Linux.

Qualifications/Required Skills (Mandatory)

Rock Solid Python and C/C++ knowledge

Integration of Python with C/C++ libraries

Automated Testing

Good overview and knowledge of open source software

Experience of software development in large projects

Good communications skills

Ability to work in project teams

A good command of English is a must.

Additional Domain & Business Skills

Knowledge of derivatives trading an advantage, in particular U.S.
options.

Additional Information:

Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Start ASAP for a minimum of 6 months

Rate - Negotiable

This is an urgent requirement please contact me or send me your cv as
soon as possible.

Contact: David Russell - Account manager

email: david.russell at fdmgroup.com

Tel: +49 (0) 69 756 0050

Web: www.fdmgroup.com

///

Large Financial Institution - Frankfurt am Main

Performance / High Availability Test Automation Engineer (f/m)

Tasks/Responsibilities

Developer of automated test procedures for a high-performance electronic
trading system.

The engineer will work in the Performance and Technical Test team of the
project; tasks include:

        - Requirements Analysis

        - Development of distributed transaction feed procedures, mostly
in Python

        - Implementation of automated result analysis

        - Design and implementation of test procedures for
failover/recovery scenarios in a multi-tier environment

        - Supervision of regular runs of the automated performance test
suite.

Target platform will be Linux.

Qualifications/Required Skills

Python scripting

Deep (>3 years) knowledge of Linux, with a focus in the areas

  - Performance monitoring and tuning

  - Messaging architectures

Performance testing experience, for latency and throughput, incl. data
aggregation and reporting Good communications skills Experience of
software development in large projects Good overview and knowledge of
open source software Ability to work in an international project team.

A good command of English is a must.

Additional Domain & Business Skills

Knowledge of statistical data analysis methods would be an advantage.

Experience in mechanisms of interfacing C/C++ and Python would also be
advantageous.

Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Start ASAP to 31.12.09 with good extension prospects for 2010

email: david.russell at fdmgroup.com

Tel: +49 (0) 69 756 0050

Web: www.fdmgroup.com

David Russell

Account Manager

FDM Group

Beethoven Strasse 4,

60325 Frankfurt am Main

Germany

david.russell at fdmgroup.com <mailto:kasia at fdmgroup.com>

Tel:  + 49 (0) 69 756 0050

Cell: + 49 (0) 173 3592288

Fax: + 49 (0) 69 756 00555

www.fdmgroup.com <http://www.fdmgroup.com/>   www.fdmacademy.com
<http://www.fdmacademy.com/>

BRIGHTON, LONDON, MANCHESTER, LUXEMBOURG, FRANKFURT, ZURICH & NEW YORK

This message is from FDM Group Plc, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the message and any attachments and notify the sender.  This email is not intended to create legally binding commitments on behalf of FDM Group Plc, nor do its contents reflect the corporate views or policies of FDM.  Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or partial, is prohibited. FDM Group Plc is a private limited company registered in England (Reg. No. 2542980).

http://www.star.net.uk