[C++-sig] Full Cross-Module Support for Boost Python on Windows

Del Robins Del_Robins at symantec.com
Thu Jan 8 18:05:45 CET 2009

Hi all,

I am new to Python and just recently started using boost python to
create some wrappers for some C++  static  libraries.  I have been able
to get most everything to work from the documentation and community
examples. Thank you for your efforts.

 The one issue that I am still hitting is full cross module support for
boost wrapped modules running on windows. I've looked through the past
discussions

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/cplusplus-sig/2005-August/009135.html

and have seen conclusions and solutions for platforms other than windows
but have not been able to find a message summarizing a solution on
windows. The  last discussion that I was able to find was from January
of last year

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/cplusplus-sig/2008-January/012874.html

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/cplusplus-sig/2008-January/012875.html

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/cplusplus-sig/2008-January/012876.html

Unfortunately, our build system is using an older version of the boost
libraries; 1.34. I am trying to convince our CM team to upgrade them to
the latest, but I am getting some push back because of a compatibility
issue with the latest regex boost library. Our standard for Python
(2.4.1.) is also a little out of date because of reluctance to move by
our QA folks.

Does anyone know the current state for the full cross-module support on
the windows platform? Has this been solved by anyone? Am I still having
problems because of older libraries?

Thanks,

Del Robins