[C++-sig] bindings size

Renato Araujo renatox at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 17:24:05 CET 2009

hi all,
After some vacation I got back to my library binding. Most problems
have been solved
but now I got another big problem here. My current binding library is very huge
compared to the wrapped C++ library (about four times). Checking the
code I found
 that the components responsible for a great deal of the size are
"class_" instantiation
and ".def" functions. Without these functions my code size is about
300k and with
these functions my code grows to enormous 4MB.

I would like to know if there is a way to minimize the library size, some other
function which I can call instead of ".def" functions, to minimize
template usage,
or some template call that I can transform into a function call.

Anyway if there is work in progress to minimize the size of
boost-python bindings
I am very eager to help.

BR

--