[C++-sig] Function handling with Boost

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 23 20:43:31 CEST 2009

On 06/23/2009 02:32 PM, Christopher Schramm wrote:
> Mmmkay, looks like I found a dirty little workaround:

I read your original mail, but I didn't understand what you are trying
to achieve. You certainly can export functions to python:

void foo(...);

bpl::def("foo", foo);

works just fine. There shouldn't be any need to wrap the function in a
class (member function), and then create some hidden object to invoke
it. Or am I misunderstanding what you want ?

> global["my_mod"].attr("__dict__")["f1"] = tmp.attr("__dict__")["f1"];

Why not simply

global["my_mod"]["f1"] = ... ; ?

HTH,
         Stefan