[C++-sig] [Py++] wrapping boost python types fails

Werner Joergensen wjoergensen at yahoo.com
Sun May 31 20:30:07 CEST 2009

>> I need to use the python objects like list, str, tuple in my python extension modules. So can you help me to get the example running? I tried it on two different systems, one with gcc 4.2.4

>>and one with gcc 4.3.3. Other relevant packages are: gccxml 0.9 (cvs from 2008-05-30), boost 1.39.0, pygccxml 1.0, pyplusplus 1.0. Can you tell me which combination of these packages
>>can compile the short example?

>Unfortunately, gccxml is not able to parse code, which includes
>"boost/python.hpp" header file. You will have to find someway to
>exclude it from compilation.

Good to know. But do you have an explanation, why gccxml is unable? Is there any chance I could work on a solution, or have experienced developers already given up?
Do you have some references of other attempts to solve the problem?

For a workaround: It is no problem to exclude the offending code from compilation. But then how can I wrap classes that expect for example a python list as input?

Thanks
Werner