[C++-sig] cannot find -lboost_python after upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10

Anders Wallin anders.e.e.wallin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 07:25:18 CET 2009

> I think that recent boost packages on ubuntu have added a '-py25' or '-py26'
> at the end of the library, essentially providing two libraries linked to
> each of the python versions available on ubuntu.

looking in usr/lib I have at least these, but changing the makefile to
one of these names does not seem to help:
/usr/lib/libboost_python-mt.a
/usr/lib/libboost_python-mt.so
/usr/lib/libboost_python-mt-py25.a
/usr/lib/libboost_python-mt-py25.so
/usr/lib/libboost_python-mt-py25.so.1.38.0
/usr/lib/libboost_python-mt-py26.a
/usr/lib/libboost_python-mt-py26.so
/usr/lib/libboost_python-mt-py26.so.1.38.0

AW