[C++-sig] Setting up a boost.python workflow on a Mac
rfritz333 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 02:36:34 CEST 2009
I have just successfully--I hope--done this & I want to get my notes
down before I forget the problems I encountered. These occurred
with Boost 1.39 and Mac OS 10.5.8.
1. Bjam did not automatically detect the Mac OS environment and
compilation consistently failed. So, I added the following line to
using darwin ;
2. I built boost.python according to the getting started guide. This
left me with four files in stage/bin:
3. The install command recommended by bjam was "bjam install
--prefix=<place>". I attempted to use the command, and found it
consistently tried to place files in /lib. A manual move to my
target library directory fixed that problem.
4. It turned out that the default build script automatically looked
for debug libraries, which weren't automatically built. I tried
"bjam debug" and it placed the following four files in stage/bin:
These I also placed manually.
5. I then discovered that the sample Jamroot provided did not support
multi-threaded (*-mt-*) libraries. I added the following symbolic
links to my target directory:
6. Voila! My test application built and apparently ran.
design machine group, architecture department, university of washington
rfritz at u.washington.edu -or- rfritz333 at gmail.com
More information about the Cplusplus-sig