[C++-sig] Numpy ndarray as argument or return value using boost python

Pim Schellart p.schellart at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 17:36:20 CEST 2009

Hi Everyone,

I also posted this to the boost users list.
I tried to find a good example for this but after spending two days on
google and one day getting pyublas to compile I decided to call for
help.
I want to give a numpy ndarray as an argument to a c++ method,
calculate something and return the output as an ndarray to Python.
I would prefer not to use another library (such as PyUblas) for this
so I do not have to add another dependency to my program.
Since the latest information on boost python is quite outdated (uses
numeric) I would like to know the following.

1. Is boost python still maintained or should I switch to another tool.
2. Is numpy supported, and if so,
3. can someone give me a basic example of how to use it.

Kind regards,

Pim Schellart