[C++-sig] How to install extensions using bjam(?)

Anthony Foglia AFoglia at princeton.com
Mon Oct 26 19:52:47 CET 2009

Amos Anderson wrote:
> Well, what I had in mind was getting bjam to implement my solution #1.
> So bjam would scan my .profile to see if it had ever modified the file
> previously, and if so modify previously set variables, otherwise add
> new environmental variables, etc.

But what if the user isn't using bash, but tcsh?  Or if they have a
.bash_profile?  Or if they source their .bashrc via their .profile and
set their PYTHONPATH in there?  There's a lot that could go wrong.

The second approach sounds much more robust and is the more conventional
approach.  Hopefully you can get it to do what you want.

Anthony Foglia
Princeton Consultants
(609) 987-8787 x233