[C++-sig] Boost.Python & OpenSceneGraph

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Tue Sep 8 21:56:11 CEST 2009

Hi Randolph,

> I am working on an OpenSceneGraph/Python project and have had to abandon
> the OSG/SWIG tools--they are not developed enough for my purpose.  So I
> am planning on writing special purpose code to that end.  Does anyone
> have suggestions for someone starting out on this path?

Heh, if you can wait a bit, I just put my own boost.python bindings for
OSG on the web (today, actually) :

http://code.google.com/p/osgboostpython/

They're not complete and I'm struggling with slicing problems in
NodeCallback and NodeVisitor derived in python code, but it's promising.
In their current state I can create node hierarchies, geometry,
vertex/normal/texcoord/color arrays, assign textures, do some basic
state manipulation (rendering hint etc.) and run a viewer. See the *.py
files in test/** , most of what the wrappers can do is tested there.

And if you want to help, you're welcome to do so :-)

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/