[C++-sig] Problems with boost tuples to python conversion

Maciej Sitarz macieksitarz at wp.pl
Thu Apr 29 01:24:47 CEST 2010

On 28.03.2010 11:53, Roman Yakovenko wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 4:53 AM, Maciej Sitarz<macieksitarz at wp.pl>  >
> So that would be a big problem, because that's a C++ API for a library
> which
>> isn't developed by me.
>> Maybe you know how the pyogre developers handled this situation? The
>> tuple.hpp is from theirs repo, but I didn't manage to investigate how did
>> they do it.
>
> I sent the question to PyOgre main developer. When the answer will be
> available, I will publish it here.

Quite some time has past, thats a pity that there's no response.

So if there are such problems with automatic boost::tuples conversion,
maybe it's possible to write some converters by hand?

For example for this tuple:
boost::tuple<ClassA, std::string>

Let's say just to read the values from the tuple. I've got some
functions inserting the values and I just need to read them.

Best regards
--
Maciek Sitarz