[C++-sig] Pybindgen and enum types

Ben Fitzpatrick bfitzpatrick at vtiinstruments.com
Mon Jan 18 22:48:01 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

I am trying to wrap a section of C++ code with many enum types in it, of the form:

enum Blah
{
  BlahSomething1 = 1000;
  BlahSomething2 = 1001;
}

Thanks to this definition - pulled into pybindgen via automagical pygccxml parsing of some header files - code of the form
Blah here_is_a_variable;

Is recognized just fine and works great. However, code of the form
Blah* here_is_a_variable;

Is not recognized because pybindgen/pygccxml can't find an explicit definition of a Blah*.  I am wondering if there's a simple way to convert these programmatically - that is, not have to write a to_python converter for each one, especially since they're all of the generic form "(enum)*". The code I am wrapping is not guaranteed API-stable, and I'm trying to automate as much parsing as possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ben