[C++-sig] Newbie question about Boost.Python

David Aldrich David.Aldrich at EU.NEC.COM
Wed Jul 7 15:03:46 CEST 2010

Hi

I am trying to use Boost.Python on Windows XP using Visual C++ 2008 Express and Python 2.7.

I have built Boost using bjam. The generated libraries include:

libboost_python-vc90-mt-gd-1_43.lib

I am now trying to run the example in the boost.python 'EmbeddingPython wiki page, which begins:

#include <boost/python.hpp>
using namespace boost::python;
int main( int argc, char ** argv ) {
  try {
    Py_Initialize();
[snip]

When I build it I get error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'boost_python-vc90-mt-gd-1_43.lib'

Please can anyone suggest why the linker wants a library file beginning 'boost_python' when bjam has generated library files beginning 'libboost_python' ?

Best regards

David