[C++-sig] reuse C++ classes that have been wrapped with SWIG

Marco Selinger marco.selinger at yahoo.de
Thu Jul 15 13:35:55 CEST 2010

Dear all,
is it possible to reuse C++ classes in Boost.Python that have been wrapped with
SWIG?

There is a complete SWIG wrapper for the OpenCV (http://opencv.willowgarage.com)
project.

I am developing a small image processing application that uses some of the
OpenCV classes. This application will be wrapped using Boost.Python.
How do I declare those classes in Boost.Python that have already been wrapped
with SWIG?

For example, there is a method in my application that returns an instance of
CvArr. The wrapper must recognize that the returned CvArr is the same as the
CvArr wrapped by SWIG, so that all CvArr methods can be called on this instance.

Thank you
Marco