[C++-sig] Can boost_python dll be delay loaded?

David Aldrich David.Aldrich at EU.NEC.COM
Thu Jul 29 12:26:35 CEST 2010

Hi

I am working on a Windows application that uses boost_python, linked with shared libraries.

I need to store the boost_python dll in a folder other than one in the usual search path (exe folder, System32, search path).  I propose to do this by 'delay loading' the boost_python dll and calling SetDllDirectory() from the application.

So far I haven't got this to work. I have read that some DLLs can't be loaded in this way. Does anyone have experience of delay loading boost_python?

Best regards

David